Hotpoint Aquarius WMA31 Bearings gone ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our trusty Hotpoint WNA31 washing machine is making very loud rumbling sounds during any fast spin ( Metal on Metal grinding noise )
I can move the drum up and down about 20 mm
Looks like the bearings have gone ??
Is this something thats worth repairing ?
The Machine is i suppose 7 years old and has had a full and active life
Anyone any idea of the cost of the bearings and how much hassle they are to fit ?
or Should i just look for a new Machine ??

Sponsored Links
Hi
I've recently dismantled my WMA 30 machine as the bearings had gone after 5 years!
It took me about a morning to strip it down-eventually got the outer drum through the front of the machine after been told I could lift it through the top.
Managed to buy a bearing set for about £20 on line but looking at the shaft I've ordered one of those for about £40.
I'm stuck at the moment because I've been able to knock out the outer bearing fom inside one drum half but the inner bearing and seal have not been so obliging-the inner seal metal work looks as if it is bonded/epoxed to the inner drum-is that likely other washing machine repairers out there??
I took lots of digital photos and wrote lots of notes during dismantling. I'm trying to repair it because its got a cream/caramel front which fits our kitchen colour scheme-only white, silver or black is available new at the moment.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back