Hotpoint WMA31 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have no significant knowledge of Washing Machines, so will almost certainly get someone in for this, but just thought I'd post and make sure this isn't actually a none-issue.

Mid-spin my Hotpoint Aquarius WMA31 made a loud crash and dribbled water out from the bottom. Opening it up and taking the clothes out I found that one of the three plastic lumps from inside the drum had broken off. I also found a piece of cloth had gotten caught in what I believe is the heater (two centimetre wide loops sitting just beneath the drum), which is now moving around quite a lot.

Any hope of fixing it myself or is this definitely a job for someone who really knows what they're doing?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
in short no ,you need a drum rear half. heater has come out of the drum thats wot is leaking your mc is over 5 years old .cost of drum and heater and lifters about 80 quid plus labour hotpoint will do the whole job 115.00 or scrap it the choice is yours :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back