Hotpoint 1300 WMA36 Drum noisy whilst running and when empty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Hotpoint aquarius 1300 spin washer, about 1 week ago we had a load of whites come out of the washer a slight off grey/white colour and some grease marks on the clothing. I have loaded the machine tonight and spun the drum both loaded and empty, it runs free but is noisy(grating noise), there does not feel to be too much play in the drum when i tried to move the drum both side to side and up and down. i have set the machine off and it does not sound to great......Any ideas?????

Thanks in advance

Haven

Sponsored Links
agree with bearings, how ever its also probably time for a new m/c

i called HP and gave a list of parts i wanted changing ( i used to work for HP)
i brought a brand new HP £10 cheaper than the cost of the parts.

Yes i know they now do (or did) a fixed price repair, but if its over 5 years old i would get a new m/c

Thanks for the reply, is the bearing fix a diy task or a tradesperson?

If not a diy task - what woul be a typical cost for the part and labour

Thanks

Sponsored Links
not really a diy call hotpoint they will do it all in 120.00 parts and labour

if you look through the posts some have done a bering change, but you need to know how to do it, and more importantly you need a tool to get them out (differnt people use differnt tools, but all end the same)

berings themselves are about £20 (they used to be) but you have the other parts that should be changed too, (spider, heater, tubseal) + labour.

Labour depends on who is doing it and how long they think it will take, best ring a few and ask. The spider MUST be changed, if its not the new bearing seal may (will) go, I had been to repairs where the local repair bloke had been they dont always change every thing, but that may have been becuse the person did not want to pay

Thanks for the help and advice, it looks like either a second hand waher (local charity re-cycling and repairing white and grey goods etc) or repair (Wife and 2 young children will not wait!!)

Thanks once again

Haven

Thanks for the help and advice, it looks like either a second hand waher (local charity re-cycling and repairing white and grey goods etc) or repair (Wife and 2 young children will not wait!!)

Thanks once again

Haven

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back