hotpoint wt640 draining problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there my sister has a problem with her washer it wont drain ,ive checked it and the pump isnt working and after running though cycle it stop and flashes f5 error. Ive stripped the pump down and checked for blockage but none found also impeller is free .Im pritty sure the pumps at fault but before buying one is there a way to electrical test it as i have a muti meter and was wondering if continuity would be a sufficiant test if i removed the wires and tested it across he connectors on the pump (would it register if it was faulty ) cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Does the pump make a humming noise. Yes if you meter it it will give a Reading if it's good, no reading means knackered.

hi rocks no no noise at all ,ill check the pump tomorrow on a meter to conferm but to be honest the winding did look a bit melted but no burnt smell which was confusing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back