Bosch SGS3062GB Dishwasher Draining Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Couldn't find the answer for my problem searching this forum, but see that there is some serious expertise here, so I'd like to bounce a question off you guys.

I opened the dishwasher a few days ago to find the bottom full of water. After bailing it out, I took out the filter and the basket, and checked for any blockages. None, the impeller was spinning freely.

Next, suspected the drain pump, so I opened the machine, took out and tested the pump - it was working.

Reassembled everything and ran a cycle, it turns out that if I hold the outlet hose low (level or just slightly higher than the outlet port), the machine is able to pump out the water, however if I raise the hose the pressure is not sufficient (thus it can not pump the water into the sink connection).

What is the problem here? Can the drain pump still be faulty, i.e. spinning but not fast enough to supply enough pressure? Would changing the drain pump solve this problem?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

V

Sponsored Links
Changed the pump, still the same thing.

Any ideas?

Do you have 230v at the pump when it is running? Check for a blocked sink spigot, clogged drain hose, & inspect/clean the transfer hose & matrix if either looks grotty. There is also silicone a non-return flap under a small removable cover over the pump impellor (in the sump). Check it isn't jammed or deformed.
You can find more information on the above by using the search function & typing in "transfer hose" or "matrix". They are common issues on Bosch/Siemens dishwashers.

Thanks mate. Do have 220V and the pump is spinning. I'm confused with what seems an unability of the pump to build up enough pressure when the hose is elevated. The matrix looks clean enough, And the sump doesn't seem to have any blockages/debris in it.

A bit stumped, must admit.

Sponsored Links
Is the plastic cover over the impellor in place? If not the pump will just cavitate.
Have you checked the transfer hose, non-return valve, & sink spigot?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back