House alarm not quite working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I came home from work to find my house power had tripped (now fixed) and my alarm bell box mounted on the outer wall was wailing away, I presume because the battery was running out.

Now that the power has been restored, the control panel does not appear to be working too well. It is a C&K Securitek controlling a securit 700L alarm. The bell box is flashing away as normal, the internal speaker is humming. If I press the buttons on the control panel they light up and bleep as normal, however the two lights that are normally switched on are dead. They are "mains" and "day", normally lit green and yellow respectivley.

The fuses in and beside the circuit panels are ok. The battery in the panel is 5 years old. I've currently disconnected it as per another thread on here.

Any other ideas to get this panel working? Is there another battery inside the control panel?

Thanks, foobsy

Sponsored Links
OK;

Another thread says the processor crashed basically. I disconnected the battery and reset the mains power. The alarm sounded but my original code switched it off.

I reconnected the battery and closed the panel and the alarm sounded again. This time a tamper LED on the remote keypad was flashing.

Every time I close the panel the alarm sounds and the tamper LED flashes.

Attempting to fix now.

Foobsy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back