Bell on constantly

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
so its set to scb?
you turn on the bell test and it doesn't sound at all, are you near the bell when after you started the test?

the bell and stobe are now working on the test, while waiting l looked at AREA TIMERS & OPTIONS , and noticed that under areas (9) did not have area A BELL AND STROBE OUTPUT assigned to it

Last edited:
l think you are correct about not knowing how my system has been configured, nor do l

So do you think that the problem was the setting for SAB / SCB?

that makes sense at least.

as to why it was triggering before and not afterwards.

sounds like you have been having a good old play around and things are a mess.
have to go through things systematically to verify whats going on.

for example if the bell is in SCB its quieter than in SAB, due to the difference in power supplied, I know that I can hear a bell in side the house in SAB mode but necessarily in SCN mode, so hence the question are you close to the bell.

remember I cant see or hear anything, I have to rely on what you tell me.

There is more than one issue at play.

So based on what you have relied with.

The bellbox appears to be set to SCB rather than SAB, as when set to SCB, the bell didn't ring when unactivated.
The other issue appears that you had turned off Area A against bell and strobe.

The second part was a little confusing, but it would have been the next check on the list.

No its not a hearing issue, as the bell is only 24" from my bedroom window, and the panel is only 24" from the window, so could not be any closer, its more like you say it is far to easy to play with the settings sat in front of the PC.

l would like to thank you Securelam for all your patience, and expertise, and have a wonderful Christmas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back