House plinth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, moved into a end of terrace two bed house last year and after sorting out the inside decor am making a start on the outside of the property. The house has a concrete/rendered plinth running around the bottom all the way round and is painted black at the front and back. The plinth is starting to crumble off of the wall at the front an is exposing the brick behind it (see pictures). It has also swollen out in places an sounds hollow if you tap it.

Is this something that is repairable? Or is it something that even needs repairing? (I.e could I knock it all off and be left with the brick underneath) what would your suggestions be. I'm thinking about having the front of the house clad so could this just be covered up with cladding?

Attachments

• IMG_3082.JPG
    IMG_3082.JPG
    524.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3083.JPG
    IMG_3083.JPG
    476.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_3084.JPG
    IMG_3084.JPG
    560.3 KB · Views: 277
Sponsored Links
nock it all off an scrape off any remains.
you can run a brass wire scrubbin brush over the bricks to clean them up an to match up a bit.
dont use any acids or similar.

sometimes its best to hack out the old mortar an repoint the old beds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back