remove cladding from front of house, render or something else?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a skip to fill so started taking off concrete cladding on the front of the house (c1920 3 bed victorian terrace), probably put up 20 years ago. Horrible stuff, and not well adhered to the wall (did worry at one point bits might fall on the wife and kids when they started coming loose!)

It's coming off ok, a few odd bits the brickwork has come off, above the door the old decorative moulding which jutted out has been hacked off when the cladding was put up so not pretty there. The brickwork itself behind the cladding has been painted which is a shame as the neighbors looks nice with the original brickwork

I'm thinking I could either patch up the damaged brickwork and paint the front, or even render the front.

I've done all the standard DIYing and pick up things quickly, I've done a fair bit of plastering (proper plastering not bodge jobs), and have got all the gear, is it much of a different skill to render?

Or, is there an alternative I should consider? thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I like the trend for cladding with fibre cement cladding board.

Marley eternit or hardie board.

Or is that what you have taken off.

Ive seen a few houses around my way done with it and it transforms some houses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back