House Sale - Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If planning on selling, any advice on what i should do regarding having the electrics checked etc...

Its an old house... new kitchen and outdoor workshop has had electrics installed and certified recently by electrician..

but he did mention my upstairs/downstairs and econmy 7 heater electrics are a combination of rings and the other type of circuit i can remmeber name of previous to ring mains... also my circuit breakers are not fitted with rcbo's..

he said not to worry as they are already there however, if selling, is there some sort of safety check etc. or is it a case of, its out of date therefore un-certifiable ???

many thanks/.

Sponsored Links
.. new kitchen and outdoor workshop has had electrics installed and certified recently by electrician..

PLEASE make sure that you have received a Building Regulations Certificate of Compliance for the work done by your electrician.
I guess he was registered with one of the "Part P" bodies?
Your buyer or his agent will require this in addition to the installation certificate. It will look a bit like this.

i have certs but they dont look like that...

they say electrical instlllation work certificate of compliance for kitchen

and for workshop about 6 sheets saying electrical installation certifcate..

both have either dometsic installer or approved contractor on them

both well known... details of exactly what they done and inspected all signed etc.......

Sponsored Links
You should have those as well

The electrical installation certificate comes direct from the contractor you used

The building regs certificate comes from his professional registration scheme, if you have not receieved one then you ought to chase it up, start by calling the electrician and confirming it did get notified and didnt slip through the net in an administrative error

The building regs certificate comes from his professional registration scheme, if you have not receieved one then you ought to chase it up, start by calling the electrician and confirming it did get notified and didnt slip through the net in an administrative error

An error which happens quite often. The electrical certificates should come direct from the electrician. The building control compliance document is sent by the registration scheme (NICEIC, NAPIT, ELECSA, BRE etc) and usually arrives with 4-6 weeks of work completion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back