Hoval Topgas inner casing foam prior to installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we are reinstalling a Hoval Topgas 45 (it has been moved, but it is being cleaned and overhauled at the moment)...

The boiler is large, but it id deceptively large due to the hge metal casing it is in... though I like the fact that there ia good air circulation within the boiler case.

On all inside case parts there is a 4-5mm thick black foam sheet stuck to the inside of it.

Since it is old and perished (boiler is 8 years old, but only done a few years work)... I want to renew this foam as best I can prior to getting the boiler fitted.

I was just wondering if this foam is heat proof/ fire reatrdant/ anything special.... as I want to get the richt stuff to replace it, but I dont know exactly what to order.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think I will need about 5-6 x 1 sq meters of it.

I am giessing it is largely for sound insulation, rather than anything else.

I am amazed at the quality of this boiler too... compared to the keston we used to have this is like a BMW!

Sponsored Links
Ask whoever is doing the boiler servicing. Whoever that is must be GSR registered
Don't guess what the stuff is, or what it does. Manufacturers' spare parts have to be used and fitted correctly. The mfrs instructions often aren't sufficient, so you need someone who knows what he's doing.

Even though its rated at 45kW, Hoval class this as a commercial product and their manufacturing info asks for commercial installers and service engineers to work on them.
Excellent boiler, by the way, will outlast any BMW. (Unlike Keston!)

just been on the phone to Hoval, they say they do not ship out with any insulation... strange why this has it now then?

Could be that the early models did have some sound barrier foam fitted.

Best thing to do is take a photo of data plate ensuring serial
number is visable,take photo of insulation and email to a tech guy at hoval.you'll need to speak to them first to see who it would be best
to email the photos too.

Sponsored Links
Be gentle with Hoval, as depending who in technical you get through to, they don't always have much technical abillity (ask for the Service Manager - who's name escapes me just now, but he is very knowledgeable) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back