Hover over a username

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see quite a few new accounts on here and their first post will be to a thread that was last updated one, two, three or more years back. I tend to wonder how many of these are genuine. I've also concluded, for those that are genuine, they don't realise you can hover over the username to see when someone last posted.

I've just seen yet another new account asking the OP 'so what did you end up doing?' and the OP last posted in 2020, so emmm unlikely to get a reply!

Sponsored Links
People probably register, then find the answer elsewhere and don't bother coming back.

People probably register, then find the answer elsewhere and don't bother coming back.
Yeah agreed for some maybe most of them, but it's like come on, you're asking someone a question who was last active x years ago.

Granted new users aren't going to know about the hover trick.

Sponsored Links
I have occasionaly raised a DIY query by searching the subject. If the query has already been raised, but not answered, I will ask for an update.
Otherwise, what is the point of a search engine which flags up historical threads?

I have occasionaly raised a DIY query by searching the subject. If the query has already been raised, but not answered, I will ask for an update.
Otherwise, what is the point of a search engine which flags up historical threads?
I'd assert if the person who originally raised it hasn't been active for 1,2,3,4,5+ years, the chances are they're not going to reply ;)

Back