how best to cover flat roof whilst working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
How do you flat roofers ensure no water gets through the roof lets say for instance you have boarded out no more time how would you protect the deck from water.
Thanks just want to see how many different methods people use[/b]

Sponsored Links
If the roof was that big i would do it in managable sections, for instance strip and board half then get the 1st layer torched on.
either that use a tarpaulin.....this would be a last resort though.

As said tarps when we have to, and consider them consumerables as they will invariably get nailed down at some point leaving them punchered. We also use black plastic dpc sheeting as well again consumerable.
I've also used roofing felt on valley gutters as tempoary coverings whilist waiting for the lead workers to come.
What ever you choose to use make sure it's clean before the sheeting goes down, a nail or something can easily poke its way through if stepped on , I know it's happened to me :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys
Just a pain with the weather at the moment,getting jobs done.
Its good to see if theres any new ways always learning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back