How best to fit a bathroom blind?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have this recessed window in the bathroom. (the window sill is plastic, not wood).

I really need to fit something over the window as I keep giving the farmer a surprise when I take a shower!

I was going to fit velux blinds, but Ive heard some people say theyre a pain to clean. Perhaps just a pull down blind thing?

Also, would you recommend I fit the blind on the outer edge of the window (so the window sill is hidden behind the blind) or in the recess? As I say, the window sill is plastic so I dont suppose it matters if it gets wet.

Thanks

IMG_1126.jpg IMG_1128.jpg IMG_1129.jpg

Sponsored Links
If it's a bathroom then it should have obscured glass fitted

Sponsored Links
If you fit outside reveal it won’t clash with window handles .
Yes, I thought that too. But presumably I could move it forward a few cms to avoid the handles.

I thought I would mount it outside the reveal, but I dont want to be hitting the blind with my elbow while Im in the shower. I suppose theres pros/cons to either approach.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back