Fitting a blind onto plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I was thinking about fitting a blind in the inside of a window in our bathroom. However the plasterboard (approx. 1.5cm thick) above the window is screwed onto a wooden frame. Is this thick enough to hold the wall plugs and support the blind? I suppose if I hit the wooden frame it would be but that would be guess work.

Alternatively I could fit the blind on the outside of the wall all above the window which is plasterboard and brick.

What would be better? Also what's the best wall plug to use for fitting anything onto plasterboard with brick behind that? I understand plasterboard plugs need to be used for plasterboard, obviously, but for a combo of board and brick I'm not sure :)

Thanks

Phil

Sponsored Links
Mark up position and try a screw through , if it holds you have hit timber, if it's a void remove screw and use a plasterboard plug, if you hit brick use a masonry bit and fit with standard wall plugs [push thru plaster board].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back