How big a job is it to implement multiple zones?

I still need to be convinced that it saves money to have an expensive control system instead of manually adjusting TRVs.
The "old school approach",tried and tested,cheap,manual intervention required but if savings of £45 per month is achievable then worth a second consideration.

Sponsored Links
The manual TRVs can do everything that the smart system can do.

As long as the operator is just as smart!

TRVs have a use in a house also, but the installers needs to remove the blind he wears to provide controls that are effective

My preference is to instal good/ be it expensive, controls that do not need constant manual adjustment to achieve desired setting. Such a control system will emulate personal preference and run the boiler to that choice setting.

Having to adjust a TRV constantly to heat the room is akin to having a full function programmer but using it as on/ off switch. Further more, there is inherent temperature undershoot as well as overshoot that prompts the user to constantly manipulate the TRVs. Fully TRVed system, nil room thermostat means system not BC compliant. Central heating is there to preheat the area occupied, what is the point of getting out of a warm bed in the morning and then make ones way to selected radiators, set the TRV to desired point and then run the boiler to start heating.

Give me good controls that give be level of heat automatically as and when I need it.

The manual TRVs can do everything that the smart system can do.

Manual TRV cannot shut down the system when desired temperature has been achieved:p

You can be as clever as you want to be, but ordinary TRV will not control the boiler

Sponsored Links
Fitted the starter kit on a 25 year plus combi,which had no external controls.

Previously the summer/winter switch was used to control heating,the user set up the controls to his requirements and he states it has also ironed out the heating rapid cycling.

Dont know about any savings on gas consumption,to early to tell.

So they can be very useful.

Oddly, as far as I know none of the smart controllers have voice control.

*********************grow up

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back