How can a March for Peace be Incompatible with a Memorial for those Killed in Wars.

Sponsored Links
Its remembrance - pick another day.

It's like organising a march for traditional family values and strict christian beliefs in London during the pride march. Just be respectful and accept its intended to be disruptive.
Remembrance Day is on Sunday. The march is on Saturday (which is also Armistice Day).

An armistice is "is a formal agreement of warring parties to stop fighting."

Remembrance Day is on Sunday. The march is on Saturday (which is also Armistice Day).

An armistice is "is a formal agreement of warring parties to stop fighting."
And how do you see that working out on Saturday.

How can a march for peace be incompatible with a memorial service for those fallen?

It's not intended to be disruptive, it's in another part of London, and at a dfiferent time.
Lets wait until we see the headlines on Monday before we declare it as not, “incompatible or disruptive”.

Others will have a different agenda.

Sponsored Links
Just for clarification:

Sat 11th Nov is London service of remembrance it is at the cenotaph on Whitehall at 10.45am

Sun 12th Nov is National service of remembrance - this is the main event where members of Royal family and members of parliament attend.

Also:

The organisers, Palestinian Solidarity Campaign, have pledged next Saturday's march will avoid the Cenotaph and the area around Whitehall in central London

the March starts at 12 noon at Hyde park.

There is a fair argument to say they don’t really clash

Lets wait until we see the headlines on Monday before we declare it as not, “incompatible or disruptive”.

Others will have a different agenda.
It's organised by "Stop the War" coalition.

ABOUT STOP THE WAR​

Stop the War was founded in September 2001 in the weeks following 9/11, when George W. Bush announced the “war on terror”. Stop the War has since been dedicated to preventing and ending the wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and elsewhere.
How can it possibly be described as incompatible with Armistice Day?

But there will always be those that seek to undermine a peaceful demonstration for thier own ends.
Appeals for a calm, peaceful march would be far more beneficial than politicians demonising it.

Criticism of his comedy and accusation of being racist (which has long lost its ability to shut down debate) but know forensic detail of where he's talking complete cobblers even from antagonist Bloom.
Strange that.

In 2015 his first book, Reasons to Kill Yourself, was published
Is #6; listening to his voice?

On 3 October 2015, he commented on his political beliefs in a post on his website, stating that "I've noticed a number of journalists in comedy have taken to labelling me a 'right-wing comedian'... I don't subscribe to any political ideology and I am not in any way affiliated with any political organisation." However, he also acknowledged that he has "certainly been very critical of the resurgent hard-left wing in British politics" and "critical of left-wing hysteria on the internet, and the left-wing establishment in comedy"

In July 2021, following the defeat of the England national football team in the final of the UEFA Euro 2020 competition on penalties to Italy, Lawrence tweeted that "All I'm saying is the white guys scored‍♂️", in reference to the skin colour of the players who had scored in the penalty shootout. After a backlash, he quote tweeted his original tweet, stating that "I can see that this has offended a lot of people, and I'm sorry that black guys are bad at penalties. ". Following the incident, multiple venues cancelled his upcoming shows and publicly denounced his comments as racist. He was also dropped by his agent.

Not affiliated with any political party, says he - sounds like the typical right wanger gobshoite, to me.

Are you another who tries to pigeon hole people when opinions are more complex than someone being 'left' or 'right'
"All I'm saying is the white guys scored‍♂️", in reference to the skin colour of the players who had scored in the penalty shootout. After a backlash, he quote tweeted his original tweet, stating that "I can see that this has offended a lot of people, and I'm sorry that black guys are bad at penalties."

Never heard Ben Elton say anything like that: have you?

Sponsored Links
Back