How can a March for Peace be Incompatible with a Memorial for those Killed in Wars.

Not really finding anything in that speech funny, other than his voice. Nobody will listen to him if he groups and generalises. much better to call out the evidence. I'm sure there is some truth in what he says. The Hamas war, has definitely highlighted the divisions in our own society.

It's probably true that many Islamists hate western culture, it's probably true that they want to influence it and control it, as do many politicians. its certainly true that melting pots are better than salad bowls when it comes to integration.

Sponsored Links
Away from trying to earn a living by way of these 'insights' I don't know what he really thinks. Just as young Turks such as Elton become part of the establishment.

Sponsored Links
There is nothing like doing public acts to get the public on side with your cause.

Many media reports on the protests have accused marchers of condoning Hamas’s horrific attack, and pointed to incidents of racism or violence. And in the context of a huge spike in reported antisemitic incidents since 7 October, some British Jews have said that they find the marches intimidating.

But that is not a monolithic view, and leftwing Jewish groups such as Na’amod are among those marching. More generally, those who have joined the marches say they have been peaceful, with a clear focus on the demand for protection for ordinary Palestinians.

Organisers [say] that the timing is coincidental, that a march calling for a ceasefire can hardly be said to run against the spirit of remembrance events, and that the march is due to start two hours after the 11am two-minute silence, with remembrance commemorations largely happening the following day. They note that the planned route for the march does not run past the Cenotaph.

Here we go again, you present your opinion as fact, anyone who disagrees has a devious agenda.
Please point out where in my post did I "present my opinion as fact"?
Or where did I suggest that "anyone who disagrees must have a devious agenda"?
Here's my post again for your perusal:
It's organised by "Stop the War" coalition.

How can it possibly be described as incompatible with Armistice Day?

But there will always be those that seek to undermine a peaceful demonstration for thier own ends.
Appeals for a calm, peaceful march would be far more beneficial than politicians demonising it.

Tommy Robinson has got his Twitter account back and those who support a jihad will no doubt to turn up, so all should go off swimmingly if we all put Blooms rose coloured spectacles on.

Tommy Robinson has got his Twitter account back and those who support a jihad will no doubt to turn up, so all should go off swimmingly if we all put Blooms rose coloured spectacles on.
Because people march in support of an independent Palestinian state doesn't necessarily make them Jihadists, old Spode.

It's probably true that many Islamists hate western culture, it's probably true that they want to influence it and control it, as do many politicians.
All sorts of different factions want to influence politics. It isn't the monopoly of Muslims (nor "Islamists" which is a form of Islam encapsulated within a political system).
In fact I'd suggest that Muslims are rather late to the party, in the UK, and other western nations, in so far as the beneficial effects of influencing politics.
There is much historical evidence of different factions influencing poliitcs since the 19 century, and before.
I don't see any historical evidence of Muslims (nor Islamists, which is far too recent a "group identity") getting in on that action.
Islamists tend to create a political system within a state based on Islam, rather than try to influence other political systems.

Is it true that Islamists hate western culture? From my perspective it seems pretty much a mutual hatred, born out of and perpetuated by comments such as yours, and others.
Except that western nations try to interfere in "Islamist" political systems¹, whereas Islamists political systems want to mind their own buisness and just get on with life.

¹ There's been many historical instances of western nations influencing or causing "regime" change, etc in Islamic countries.
I've yet to hear of Islam influencing or causing a "regime" change of a western nation., other than a reversal of western nations' "puppet governments" in previous Islamic countries.
Such implementation of "puppet governments" and subsequent reversals tend to cause a more radical Islamic government than the previously ousted ones. Sometimes with specific stated aims of opposition for western nations. (I would include Israel in the bracket of 'western nations').
So the western influence or installation of puppet governments has merely caused a widening separation of the positions of the various governments and cultures.

Oh, not another thread of this kind!
Can the mod please put the brakes on the racist bigot?
I'm still waiting for any evidence to justify your abusive name-calling.

In the meantime, if you have anything to contribute to the thread, please feel free to do so.

Sponsored Links
Back