How can I block off a soil pipe in the wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

After having some plumbing work done, where we had an upstairs bathroom removed, I've been left with a hole in the wall where the soil pipe was and need to fill it in myself.

As I say it's i a hole in the wall. Most advice I've read so far relates to holes in the floor and simply suggest sealing with plastic and filling with concrete, but that wont really work with a wall I assume (due to gravity...?). Or am I missing something?

The outside pipe has been removed at the bottom and disconnected from the drain. So we still have the top part of the pipe attached to the wall, but not being connect it should be safe from contamination I understand.

It's just about filling the whole in the wall really. Any advice would be gratefully received. :)

Sponsored Links
ok,

got to wickes, buy a bag or premixed mortar, pack it out with that, slip in a brick or two to pack out the void, add more mortar, tidy inside, then tidy outside. if the house is rendered then use the mortar to render the patch - on a warm day, not now.

why on earth did you not tell your contractor to finish the job?

Exactly what studips says. Quite a satisfying job and well within reach even if you've not done it before.

But yeah, normally done by the guy who left the hole there in the first place. Our plumber even carries around a few bricks and a bag of mortar for when he's got to remove a flue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back