How can I extend the waste pipe on bathroom sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just redone the bathroom including laying a laminate floor. The laminate for bathrooms is quite thick and when I put the pedastal that the sink sits on, back top of the laminate, the hot, cold and waste pipes no longer reach the connections on the sink.

I assume I can fit isolation valves to the hot and cold pipes to extend them slightly (unless there is a better way?) but I don't know how to extend the waste pipe. Any ideas?

Many thanks...

Sponsored Links
extend the water pipes as you said, i expect the distance is less than 1/2" so you could cut the waste pipe and fit a mcalpine straight coupling and lose the difference between both sides of the coupling it will be perfectly fine for the waste but i wouldn't suggest it for the water pipes, if there are offsets on the pipes you could try to pull the offsets out a bit to make up the difference

You can get traps with a telescopiic top connecter. The bit that connects to the sink is a pipe that goes into the trap on another connecetor and you can adjust the trap up and down to get the right height. Check first though - it will be around 2" lower than a normal trap at it's highest setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back