How can I fit a better Bathroom extractor? (Ed.)

You literally couldn't have the extractor in a worse place.
So you'd have thought, but that's literally where the instructions suggested mine was placed! For the record, it worked really well, AND my other half LOVES a long soak!
Go figure!

Sponsored Links

If the extractor, is on the wall, to the left of the window - depending on how it is used, it might be the correct place for it. With the window closed, it will draw air under the door, right across the room, and out - taking the moisture with it. With the window open, it will not do anything useful. It's much less useful, when taking a shower.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the replies, I didn’t put the extractor in it was already there when we moved in.
So basically the consensus is try leaving the window shut and see if it is any better?

thanks for all the replies, I didn’t put the extractor in it was already there when we moved in.
So basically the consensus is try leaving the window shut and see if it is any better?

Window shut, so air is drawn through the entire bathroom. The door will hopefully have enough of a gap, to allow air in. As soon as the fan is turned off, open the window for an hour, to allow the bathroom to continue to dry out - works best, if the window is on the lee side.

That’s what I stated AND you need to make sure there is air flow under the door too

Would have thought it was ok when using the bath, but as has been said with the window closed. I would have thought towel rail & rad would have had limited output for a room that size. I also think you might have a problem with cold air coming up through the gaps in the floor boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back