How can I get this pipe to fit flush to the joist?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster so apologies if this breaks any rules. In my cellar, this pipe (I assume for heating?) is away from the joist. The flexible bit of piping (white) seems like it's cut too large and is pushing the pipe away from the joist. As such, I cannot push the pipe against the joist without force and most likely breaking it. It should run parallel with the second pipe that you can see already attached....One thought I had was to try and rotate the angle of the connector in some way to try and put some relief on the white pipe to see if that help? Another idea was to somehow detach the white connector and cut some away before reattaching? Literally not got a clue though and never done anything like this...Any advice greatly appreciated!

1.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is there a reason to move it apart from aesthetics?
That's a 15mm speedfit elbow white pipe could be speedfit but who knows?
If you really want to move it and it part of heating system it's drain it down and alter .
Maybe another elbow and short section of new tube?

Erm, maybe just cut the pipe to the correct size and then use a straight coupler to run it straight. Whatever it is supplying will need drained down first and the plastic cut to size.

Seems the previous muppet didn't have any straight couplers left or couldn't be bother getting one.

Is there a reason to move it apart from aesthetics?
That's a 15mm speedfit elbow white pipe could be speedfit but who knows?
If you really want to move it and it part of heating system it's drain it down and alter .
Maybe another elbow and short section of new tube?
Well at the moment it's just resting atop a light fitting, propped up by some loose insulation...Not my doing, but doesn't seem wise? Thanks for the advice - not too sure what a speedfit is I'm afraid!

Sponsored Links
Erm, maybe just cut the pipe to the correct size and then use a straight coupler to run it straight. Whatever it is supplying will need drained down first and the plastic cut to size.

Seems the previous muppet didn't have any straight couplers left or couldn't be bother getting one.
Thanks Rob! Might sound daft, but having never done a single piece of plumbing in my life, is it wiser to just get a quote from a plumber? Not a clue what sort of fair cost it would be for this kind of job.

The added time will be in what it's connected to an what needs to happen to allow the pipe to be emptied and disconnected, cut to size and re-made and then re-pressurised and tested. The actual work of cutting and re-adjusting the pipe is 5mins.

Make sure they put a wooden support for the copper pipe in. Spanning the two joist to prevent it flopping down again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back