how can i improve this situation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, had a look under my bath as it seems to be emptying slower than I would like and found that they've removed the floorboards underneath the bath trap to allow the pipework to sit in there but the rest of the pipes going under the bath are higher which obviously means the water flows back towards the bath instead of away from it..

I cant alter the bath at all, height wise as its all tiled in so is there any other trap or pipework I could fit that would improve the situation at all?

20150619_185927.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The pipework is below the water level of the bath therefore drainage shouldn't really be compromised. There could be a little more fall on the pipe but I've seen worse.

Shallow traps are notorious for catching crap so 1st port of call would be to get the trap off and check it's clear.

yeah took it all off, must be relatively new as there was not even any gunk in there whatsoever... took the other pipes off, lots of gunk where it starts to fall back towards the bath at the other end but no actual blockage...cleared it all up and hasn't made a blind bit of difference. lots of glugging too after its finished emptying but im assuming that's because the bath and the sink connect together??

Have you tried using a plunger while blocking the overflow?

Must be a blockage further back if its really worse than it used to be.

Otherwise jut a slow empty because of the lack of fall of the pipe!

Tony

Sponsored Links
yeah ive shoved one of those drain rod flexible thingies down there and theres no blockage at all its just obviously the lack of fall... it must have always been like it since the bathroom was plumbed in but I've not long bought the house so I wouldn't know if its always been like it but would assume so...

yep tried blocking the overflow and plunging but hasn't made any difference which is why I tried investigating further with drain rods etc..

any way I can change the fall with new fittings without altering the bath height?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back