How can I turn my interests into a hobby?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
I have always had a flair for numbers and was very good at arithmetic (I still am) during my school years.
Can someone kindly advice how I can develop this into a hobby or even a second stream of income?
Thanks in advance for your response

Sponsored Links
Replace Rachel Riley on Countdown?

Darts commentator?

Tricky one! Probably book keeping would be a smarter choice :)

Sponsored Links
Build yourself a bitcoin miner or four. "How", is all "out there", you use graphics processors because they're very fast, and hang the things on the wall.
You'll be running a couple of kilowatts but making more ££ than that. You won't get rich but it's kind of neat to watch the numbers, while your room heaters are actually paying for themselves....

Oh, and are we're going to have inflation? If you think so, borrow money at fixed rates and buy gold. ;).

Interesting thread title. I wonder what sort of response Andy would have got had he started the thread? :eek: :LOL:

There are a lot of hobbies out there, and you can choose any one you like, based on your personal interests. To start off, you can start collecting things that you find interesting, such as coins, stamps, model cars, etc. The point is, just be open to new experiences and you'll find plenty of options to pick from.

i like numbers and went into electronics and computing , then into management Information and performance improvement , change management

BUT now retired , I play around a lot with spreadsheets , answering questions on various forums , and if the question looks interesting , learning how to solve
keeps the mind active , and helps others, so a bit of a hobby

not sure about a second income

i like numbers and went into electronics and computing , then into management Information and performance improvement , change management

BUT now retired , I play around a lot with spreadsheets , answering questions on various forums , and if the question looks interesting , learning how to solve
keeps the mind active , and helps others, so a bit of a hobby

not sure about a second income

Interesting - I use a roughly annual Excel spreadsheet to keep tabs on my energy costs and water supply costs, entering meter readings each week. On the first page, I enter data on cost of standing charges and cost per Kwh. All worked fine, when I was shopping around for new suppliers roughly each year, on fixed deals around the time I needed to start a new spreadsheet for the year - It would show a cost on a week by week basis, but now....

I am on a variable deal, so my spreadsheet recalculates back through each week, for the any revision I make to that first page - which is wrong. It should only calculate future weekly costs. The Kwh consumption figures do of course remain accurate despite the changes in cost. Would you fancy having a look at it?

i suspect you need VBA for that , which i do not do, so that it only changes the future - or maybe a lookup table based on dates and changes of prices to use, which i could look at
, - so it only changes in the future - but sure - maybe post in one of the other forums here - Software maybe - with a sample of the spreadsheet - any sensitive data removed

or one of the dedicated excel forums - excelforums.com & Mrexcel.com , to get a lot more visibility of excel experts

I also track all my Gas & electric readings every month - work out KWh (both Gas & Electric) and costs - and compare to standing order - also annualised - i used the same to get a fixed term contract a while back , to see the real impact on historic usage - also monitors my usge and we can then see what we need to change ....

so happy to have a look

PM me when / where posted

oh, sorry about that , i have had conversations before
i'll look

i sent a conversation to you - but i think i had the setting to only allow people who follow
change to members only - which was the only other option

Sponsored Links
Back