How can i undo fan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be really grateful,if anyone can help me. I need to change a fan,but its the wrong type. I have got the old one stripped down and i have a motor and bracket that fit on the old fan base. I need to get the back fitting undone,its holding the wheel in place and is connected to the rod,but i cant get it off,ive tried turning it and pulling it,but there is marks/grooves on it as if it needs a certain spanner. Any ideas please

Sponsored Links
Any ideas please

Yeah

DON'T.

The fan is a safety-critical part of the boiler and you can't just bung in anything which loooks similar.
a) it's illegal
b) it's stupid
c) it could kill someone

I would be really grateful,if anyone can help me. I need to change a fan,but its the wrong type. I have got the old one stripped down and i have a motor and bracket that fit on the old fan base. I need to get the back fitting undone,its holding the wheel in place and is connected to the rod,but i cant get it off,ive tried turning it and pulling it,but there is marks/grooves on it as if it needs a certain spanner. Any ideas please

:eek:

If you have got the wrong fan...then you need to get the correct one.

There is no way around it. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back