fan problem Boiler

Depends on if you want it installed correctly,,,,, BUT more importantly safley.

Just get a good Gas chap out and have done with it. :)

Sponsored Links
flanok said:
One last question

I have had the fan out already, but ot turns very easy.
even by blowing on it, it turns for a long time.
is it possible that the motor can be sticking and the fan turn so easily?

Any idea how much a fan would cost an engineer? So the corgi engineer does noy quote silly prices?

Mark
if you are getting power to the fan with the hot tap turned on and the fan is not running and then you tap it and it runs and boiler fires up , well i would change the fan.

chrishutt said:
Any idea how much a fan would cost an engineer? So the corgi engineer does noy quote silly prices?
Flanok wants to buy one and fit it himself. He could do what we all do and look in the manual for the part number and then check suppliers on the net.

Good point!! I now know where to buy one from now.

But there is another point, in that I seem to get stung off,what I am sure is a minority of fitters who seem to quote prices in whole hundreds, rather than whole pounds.
I just wanted to get an idea of what a reasonable quote should be.
Lets be honest, it is an easy job,

Thanks everyone.

I will stay alive

Mark

B.O.B DOLE said:
flanok said:
One last question

I have had the fan out already, but ot turns very easy.
even by blowing on it, it turns for a long time.
is it possible that the motor can be sticking and the fan turn so easily?

Mark
if you are getting power to the fan with the hot tap turned on and the fan is not running and then you tap it and it runs and boiler fires up , well i would change the fan.

Thanks.

Mark

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
I now know where to buy one from now
Drat! I didn't think flanok might read the post. :evil:

chrisbutt we do not need silly childish remarks like this on this forum pleasr refraine from these sarcastic remarks or i will have you removed from this forum so stop it cretin.............

MOD 2

its not chris that will be removed

be advised

I am not convinced that it is the fan !!!

Measure the fan motor resistance with the leads disconnected, should be about 30-60 ohms.

I am wondering if its the NC connection on the APS ???

Not only does he want to buy a fan and fit it himself but he now wants to buy a "repaired" fan which no genuine CORGI registered person should do.

Tony

IF YOUR GONNA BREAK THE RULES MAY AS WELL DO IT IN STYLE.
have a look how long the guarantee lasts on the fan.

Agile said:
I am not convinced that it is the fan !!!

Measure the fan motor resistance with the leads disconnected, should be about 30-60 ohms.

I am wondering if its the NC connection on the APS ???

Not only does he want to buy a fan and fit it himself but he now wants to buy a "repaired" fan which no genuine CORGI registered person should do.

Tony

I thought this thread was finished and more is added.

OK buy new fan,then get corgi guy to fix it. Got that?

But what is a NC connection on the APS.

Don't worry everyone, even i know I am out of depth with this one, but I am curious
Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back