how can the hot water tank heat up when CH is off?

Central heating is a circuit, boiler has a hot out and a cold in.

On the out hot pipe there are valves, one to the rads and one to the hot water cylinder, then return back to the boiler to be reheated.

Each one opens as it's needed.

You can also have a 3 port valve, which does the same as 2 2 port valves in one unit.

yea so the hot out pipe goes to the first valve, and splits to second valve yea?and then they both go to the rads and the tank coil yea?

and on the return do they join back up together is this correct?

No, on a 2 zone valve system the hot water splits first, one to the hot water zone valve and then on to the hot water cylinder/coil. The other split to the radiator zone valve and then on to the rads.

Sponsored Links
ah so the cylinder coil is the HW yea?

when the hw is on the water is fed directly to coil yea?

Sponsored Links
I understand that so on the return on both circuits do they join back up before they get connected to boiler is that correct yea?

I understand that so on the return on both circuits do they join back up before they get connected to boiler is that correct yea?

This has got to be a wind up surely. nobody can be that dim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back