how can u prevent creaking pipes?

S

snadge

in our house (that we moved into 3 monts ago) the pipes that feed the rads in two main bedrooms under floor are very noisey when we first put the heating on... creaking and tapping with the odd loud 'crank' after they've heated up - this is bad when we want some heat in middle of the night as it wakes us up... weve just put new carpets down in those bedrooms too but never had heating on due to summer - now its colder its been on & weve noticed it

can anything be done to stop this? when we come to DIY the living room i could get access from underneath through the ceiling

thanks

Sponsored Links
hi Kev,

yeah I thought thats what it woudl have to be - she already baulking at the idea of tearing the ceiling down hehe - funny cos when I capped that pipe off other night and got the CH running the pipes made no noise at all and we thought we'd cured it - but next day it all started again :(

ah well - thanks, will defo have to do summit like cos its baaad!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back