Votes: 6 25.0%
  • All circuits more than 2 RCD/RCBO's

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Old RCD 100 mA

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Very old ELCB-v

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes but to put just non (or does he mean none?)...
Yes, I'm sure that he means 'none' - eric's typing/spelling is not known for being perfect.
. is totally wrong too, as there IS an RCD, on an important circuit as a shower.
Yes, I agree that it's wrong.
My argument was that 'outside sockets only' implied just one RCD too - BUT on reflection, this could consist of several RCDs, either at the board, or, as I just realised, built into the actual outside sockets themselves.
All true - but I don't think (and it seems that you may now agree) that "outside sockets only" is a suitable choice when the actual situation is "shower only".

Apart from anything else, whilst outside sockets (or sockets likely to supply outside equipment) have been required to have RCD protection for many years, unless I'm wrong (and despite what manufacturers of showers say), to the best of my knowledge there is actually no requirement (even today) for shower circuits, per se, to have RCD protection (although, per current regs, the cable may need such protection if 'buried').

That's why I thought that, although there was no ideal option for to to vote for, "Non" ("None") was perhaps the closest, since it seemed that none of your circuits which were required (by regs) to have RCD protection actually had it.

However, that was only my suggestion as to what vote might be 'least wrong'. Given that there is no "none of the above" option, not voting at all would probably be the most correct/'honest' course!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
... unless I'm wrong (and despite what manufacturers of showers say), to the best of my knowledge there is actually no requirement (even today) for shower circuits, per se, to have RCD protection (although, per current regs, the cable may need such protection if 'buried').
On reflection, although there is no explicit requirement that showers, per se, be RCD-protected, there is a requirement that all circuits supplying (or even 'passing through') a bathroom should be RCD protected - so, since the presence of a shower makes a room into a bathroom, that effectively means that showers are required to be RCD protected.

Kind Regards, John

Yes I meant none not non, the response is interesting, tried to edit pole, I can add but not edit and to add would mess it up. Not really enough votes to show too much, but surprised to see so many with more than 2 RCD/RCBO's.

What was going through my mind was to see in 30 years of RCD protection that I have had, how many have also upgraded.

+++++++++
Spelling fixed by mod
+++++++++

Last edited by a moderator:
... Not really enough votes to show too much, but surprised to see so many with more than 2 RCD/RCBO's. ... What was going through my mind was to see in 30 years of RCD protection that I have had, how many have also upgraded.
I have a little bit more than 30 years experience of having RCDs, but I'm not surprised (in terms of the 'votes so far') how many "None" responses there have been, and am not all that surprised how many people have two or more RCDs/RCBOs
A Mod said:
+++++++++
Spelling fixed by mod
+++++++++
Thanks!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back