How do I attach this storage rack to the wall?

KZ7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ELFA storage rack I need some advice on how to fix to the wall.I am not sure what fixing to use so any advice would be appreciated.Photos of the rack appear in my photo album.Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
sorry keep going round in circles click on picture click on folder ect no pictures :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
it looks like this

it is a wire rack like a spice-jar rack.

I can't see any screw-loops in it

I would put two cup-hooks in the wall to take the top rail. near teh corners. You can then lift the rack off the hooks for cleaning or if you want to remove it. You can get cup-hooks with a white plastic coating which will tone in. You will need fairly long ones to go well into the wall

If it has hanging hooks on the back of the rack, youi would use screw-eyes or vine screws (which are longer)

Is the wall brick or block, or plasterboard, or what? It will make a difference what sort of plasplugs to use, and how to fix them. Have you got an electric drill and masonry bits?

• Thanks
Reactions: KZ7
No hanging hooks,but wall is plasterboard.Have got drill and bits.Do you think that cuphooks will be strong enough?I will just be using to store fairly light weight toiletry items.

if you can locate the wooden studs in the wall, that the plasterboard is nailed to, that will be even better. You will not need a masonry bit or plasplug, in that case.

• Thanks
Reactions: KZ7
Hi,

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a similar question, I want to mount these

or something similar, possibly 2 high, on a block (shared terrace) wall. What's the best thing to use?

They're a thick wire frame, about 2.5'x8"x6" and will be holding batteries, torches, candles, screw drivers/small tools. All the stuff you'll find on the under stairs cupboard shelves. They'll be permanent.

Thanks.

Screws hooks, into wall plugs and hang via four corners, turn upper hooks upwards to support weight and lower hooks down to prevent it lifting off wall.

Yeah, I s'pose I could use hooks but it might be a bit wobbly when I use the drawers. I was thinking more of a U shaped something, like the copper ones used for fixing pipes to walls.

UVAMWB.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back