Wall Mounted Weight Plates On Single Layer/Skin Brick Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so I am assessing if my exterior garage/outbuilding can support the weight of a wall mounted weight plate storage rack (See picture two for the rack), there would be two racks both weighing at 80KG~ when plates are fully loaded at two spread-out locations as marked in red, photo 1.

The wall is a single layer/skin, with columns in the centre and at each corners as in photo 1, with wooden beams on-top supporting the roofing.

Am I worrying about nothing and the wall can take the weight or is it a bad idea?
Is there any way to reinforce the wall or maybe use stringers to attach the rack to spread the stress? Open to ideas.

Thank your for your time, I am a novice at this so any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• Example1.jpg
    Example1.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 149
  • WallMount.jpg
    WallMount.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 142
Sponsored Links
What's on the other side of the garage wall, I'd be tempted to use bolts all the way through the brickwork with spreader plates on the back

i’d leave them on the floor and bend to pick them up. It’s good ecsercise.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies/advice, ill give it a bash with decent sized bolts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back