Folding squat rack fixing to single skin brick wall

gt2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

New to the forum but was looking for a bit of advice please? I want to fix a folding squat rack to my garage wall. It’s only single skin, 1970ish orange brick walls. I was looking at using 2 2x8 stringers with 6 m10 studs per stringer epoxy fixed to the wall. Will this be sufficient? I know the bolts will be fine, it’s the wall that concerns me. Any advice appreciated.

cheers

dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Will this be sufficient? I know the bolts will be fine, it’s the wall that concerns me.
Only you know the condition of the masonry. Can you not go floor to ceiling and borrow support (pull out resistance) from the ceiling timbers? Ply sheathing helps spread any load also.

gt2, good evening.

OK I give up what is a --- not being cheeky but I cannot think what this is ---
Ah hello. I put a link in the original post but it has been removed. If you google wolverson compact folding squat rack it should get you there

Sponsored Links
Only you know the condition of the masonry. Can you not go floor to ceiling and borrow support (pull out resistance) from the ceiling timbers? Ply sheathing helps spread any load also.
I’ll post a picture of the wall when I can but there are no ceiling timbers, just the roof rafters. I could maybe go right up into the rafters or maybe the wall plate for extra strength/pull out resistance?

I’ll post a picture of the wall when I can but there are no ceiling timbers, just the roof rafters. I could maybe go right up into the rafters or maybe the wall plate for extra strength/pull out resistance?
It's more about spreading the load rather than concentrate it onto unreliable masonry fixings. However, you still need to take any flex out of the equation, otherwise your exercise regime will be inefficient.

I'd be thinking floor to rafter studs knitted together with ply and fixed to the masonry via angle brackets.

I'd be using a free standing squat rack personally, what weight do you squat?.

It's more about spreading the load rather than concentrate it onto unreliable masonry fixings. However, you still need to take any flex out of the equation, otherwise your exercise regime will be inefficient.

I'd be thinking floor to rafter studs knitted together with ply and fixed to the masonry via angle brackets.
So maybe floor to ceiling 2 x 2 with one end directly connected to the rafter. How would you knit the studs together?

I'd be using a free standing squat rack personally, what weight do you squat?.
It’s just the space issue, the idea of being able to fold it away is very appealing. I’m no particularly strong. If I was thinking long term goals the max that it would need to take would be 150kg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back