Wall Fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right I am wanting to fix a CD rack to a solid brick wall but unsure of what fixing to use. ny ideas?

The CD rack is very similar to this one, but perhaps a foot smaller:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9328604.htm

The idea is to fit it horizontally on the wall to crate more storage space in the box room.

As it is rather heavy, 8kg + I will need strong fixings. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How high off the floor will it go?
You could wall mount some 'L' brackets and secure the rack on them with screws through.
But if it's high on the wall you'll see the brackets.
Plus when it's full of CD's, its gonna get real heavy.

It will rougly be about head height, and below it will be a single bed. I've looked at the L brackets but I cant help wonder will they be strong enough, will they not buckle under the weight? Just a thought..

Sponsored Links
It will rougly be about head height, and below it will be a single bed. I've looked at the L brackets but I cant help wonder will they be strong enough, will they not buckle under the weight? Just a thought..
No, very strong, 8kg is very light weight. Fitted a baby changing shelf made from mdf and wall mounted it, needed only four brackets and was triple the weight of the cd rack.

No, very strong, 8kg is very light weight. Fitted a baby changing shelf made from mdf and wall mounted it, needed only four brackets and was triple the weight of the cd rack.

Really, wow, that is very reassuring! Do you have any recommendations on fixings to use? I like the mirror fixings previously suggested as I dont think they will be too invasive on the decor of the room.

You could plug and screw a batten to the wall, rest the rack on it and use the mirror fixings (3?) along the top, out of view. You could use a matching timber for the batten (kitchen worktop edging?) or get some iron-on stuff to cover it. You could even paint it to match the wall. It doesn't need to be square or rectangular, of course.

Really, wow, that is very reassuring! Do you have any recommendations on fixings to use? I like the mirror fixings previously suggested as I dont think they will be too invasive on the decor of the room.
The brackets I suggested fit inside the unit so are not seen , not much on those cheap units to attach mirror fixings too, and offer less support.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back