How do I choose a new combi bolier?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the market for a new combi boiler, how do I choose which make and model to go for?

I'm looking for at least a 7 or 10 year guarantee and around 30kw, I've a few plumbers coming round this week to quote but want a heads up before then, please give reasons for your suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Intergas ECO RF 30. The best combi on three market, only 4 moving parts (far fewer than any other combi, so less to go wrong), bulletproof heat exchanger design which has seen 20 years of service without a single failure, solid built-to-last all-metal construction, OpenTherm control confections for the most energy efficient controls available, and that all important 10 year warranty. What's not to like?

Intergas ECO RF 30. The best combi on three market, only 4 moving parts (far fewer than any other combi, so less to go wrong), bulletproof heat exchanger design which has seen 20 years of service without a single failure, solid built-to-last all-metal construction, OpenTherm control confections for the most energy efficient controls available, and that all important 10 year warranty. What's not to like?
According to the manufacture website this only has a 5 year guarantee on parts, 10 years on the heat exchanger only.

Also as a comparison how many moving parts do other Combi boilers have?

Sponsored Links
Before you jump into a combi boiler consider your water requirements suit such. Just the one shower at the same time or two?

According to the manufacture website this only has a 5 year guarantee on parts, 10 years on the heat exchanger only.

Also as a comparison how many moving parts do other Combi boilers have?

It's 10 years on everything. Have you got a link to where you read that please? Will let them know their website is wrong.

Other combi boilers have a diverter valve, diverter valve motor, and an air pressure switch as additional moving parts, as well as a second heat exchanger. They also run their pump wherever either hot water or heating is requested. The Intergas only runs the pump for heating, not hot water, which significantly reduces wear & tear

Find an installer qualified for your Intergas Heating boiler installation. ... Platinum Installer. Choose to have your boiler installed by an Intergas Platinum Installer and your warranty will be increased on our HRE and ECO RF range.

Which is but tough if you happen to live in Scarborough as the nearest Platimum appears to be in Middlesborough ( unless the list is out of date ).

Other combi boilers have a diverter valve, diverter valve motor, and an air pressure switch as additional moving parts, as well as a second heat exchanger.

Many of the "other combi boilers" do not have a massive slab of aluminium which has to be heated before any heat can reach the water flowing through the boiler.

Last edited:
Does anyone round Rochdale want to quote to fit me an Intergas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back