How do I clear TS690 Fault Code C.TMP 01?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Old alarm system, came with house. This morning as we left property we tried to set alarm as normal, but system would not recognize our normal pass code. Wife tried several times to no avail. I then tried entering "1111"This is NOT our pass code but I was desperate to see if panel was communicating with the main control unit.. The internal sounder immediately started sounding, and has not stopped since.
Error code C. TMP 01 is displayed on the lcd panel. Entering our normal pass code does not restore control. Also tried "Ent - Ent with a distinct lack of success.
How can I silence the internal alarm so that we may sleep tonight?
Ideas please.

Sponsored Links
Before error induced, LCD display showed FUNCTION.
I do not have the original engineers manual so I do not know the installation default code.
The contact telephone numbers for the installation company (CTI Security) are all NU.
The internal sounder is :cry:

That message looks like code tamper rkp 1..so it is not recognising the code you are using.If you are sure the code is correct , try 5678 (default user) just incase the panel has defaulted.If the internal siren is still sounding then find its supply wires and snip.

At a rough guess the wrong code was entered in error, because it did not work the code was entered again, (and again?)

This repeat entering of the code caused a KeyPad Tamper as explained by the display.
Instead of seeing a 4 digit code the panel saw 4,8,12,16,20 Key presses, not just 4, it then went into KeyPad Tamper, get the idea?

Rather than panic when something like this happens and keep trying lots of right/wrong/default numbers that are only making the situation worse you should 'step back' for a minute or so, put up with the noise, it's only inside after all then enter the correct code again this will silence the alarm, enter it again to revert to the 'day' / 'off' condition, enter again to leave the premises normally.

By the way, the panel has not defaulted its self.

Sponsored Links
Thank you to both Denford & Europlex for their replies. I managed to find an engineers manual on line and have tried 5-6-7-8. Also left panel for 2 hours before trying to use my normal pin. neither appear to work. Is it possible that the keypad itself is faulty? Is there a way I can deactivate the system on the main board?

How about if I disconnect the mains from the system. The battery hold-over is designed to be 7 hours when new. This alarm system is quite old so I expect the battery to fail in half that time. When the system battery fails, will the external bell start sounding? I would be Sooooo popular with my neibours if that were to happen around midnight. :oops: Should the external bell activate, how could I regain control via the control panel if it fails to reset itself?
Expert opinions please.

Thanks Atilla. I am going to hold off until daylight. I will try opening the main unit and popping the fuses. That of course will set off the external bell box. Hopefully, when I replace the fuses and re-power the unit I will regain control.
If the reality is different, then it's up the ladders to disable the external bell.

Thanks to everyone for the efforts to resolve this issue.

How about if I disconnect the mains from the system. The battery hold-over is designed to be 7 hours when new. This alarm system is quite old so I expect the battery to fail in half that time. When the system battery fails, will the external bell start sounding? I would be Sooooo popular with my neibours if that were to happen around midnight. :oops: Should the external bell activate, how could I regain control via the control panel if it fails to reset itself?
Expert opinions please.

its because the battery is old your in the position your in ..........

Power it down, count to ten, mains back on, see of your code works then.

If not - thats why customers pay us for 24hr access to an engineer.

Well I managed to shut the darn thing up, but it has left me with more questions.
I removed the cover from the main unit and disconnected the battery. At long last peace descended upon my house, however...

1. The external sounder remained mute. Quite as a mouse. Not a peep. I checked the neon lamp on the sounder box, this was also non-operative. (I had of course turned off the mains power before removing the main unit cover.)
Looks like the battery in the sounder is dead. The sounder itself looks less than threatening. The telephone number on the box provides an excellent indication of the age of the system.
Should I scrap the sounder box and replace it with a new, more imposing one?

After 20 seconds I reconnected the battery. The internal siren immediately sprung back into life, indicating, quite correctly, that the alarm was being tampered with.
I punched in my old user code, no response. I pushed the ESC button, then entered the engineers default code (5-6-7-8) no response. I pushed the ESC key again and tried the default user code, 1-2-3-4. As much response from the unit as the previous two attempts.

2. I suspect the keypad itself is faulty. Could there be any other explanation?

Finally, I know that the internal battery requires changing. recomendations for replacement unit please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back