How do i connect to an existing soil pipe for new loo?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning All,

Just a quickie.

Any ideas how you connect to an existing vertical soil pipe with another soil pipe? Its internal to the house.

I need to connect to it for my new toilet.

Existing soil pipe cannot be moved at all vertically.

Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
if ur asking how to place a branch in.....
cut the pipe were req...so it fits in the socket in the top of the branch and so its flush with the bottom of the branch.
u also need a coupler..the ones that can have the 4 internal lugs knocked off so that it then becomes a slip on.
slip the coupler over the bottom half of ur stack..put the branch in place and pull up the coupler.
us silicone grease to help with all the above

Ok cheers.
Sounds feasible - assuming the cut soil pipe will move around enough to get the coupler on?? Arent they quite rigid though and well fixed?

You haven't understood - JPC means you cut a piece of pipe out, "slip" a new coupling, with its stops knocked out, up the pipe, add your Tee, and usually a bit of stright pipe, then slide the coupler back down. Don't attempt it unless you're sure you know what you're doing - if you glue something wrong it can make a big problem. I wouldn't use glue at all somewhere like that - buy the right bits and you avoid it.

If the pipe's not plastic, the above is all wrong - tell us.

Sponsored Links
Well what do you expect when he cant even type properly?!

Thanks Chris, I understand perfectly now.

The pipe is plastic indeed, is there a 'technical' name for "a new coupling, with its stops knocked out"

Much appreciated guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back