How do i do a hardwire???????????

Sponsored Links
I've used jump start type chargers for commercial vehicles in the past, and they have all used standard 13 amp plugs, the unit you've bought must be big, why do you need it ? Is it because the vehicle is used occasionally and battery is always flat when you come to it ? If so you might find that a better alternative is to trickle charge the batteries on a regular basis, also make sure things like tachograph (if fitted) is not draining the battery. A hard wired charger is going to be next to useless if the vehicle is parked in a different location, or just out of reach

This unit is a charger and and engine starter - and as far as I can see it does not have an internal battery so it does not need "charging" itself.

When used as an engine starter it can provide the starter motor with up to 510 amps at 12V. Think arc welder. So draw from the mains will, for a short period only whilst the starter motor is turning, hit about 30A - hence it cannot be used from a 13A socket.

Sponsored Links
Hi Dave does this unit need to be plug in then to jump the battrys on the lorry then or how does it work? I thought that you charge it then take it to the vehicle to charge the batterys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back