How do I enhance my mains pressure?

What is certain is that the OPs expectation of a cheap solution which would fit under the sink in not a posibility.

Tony

Agile/Tony, are you assigning expectations to me that I never had?

My hope was that some board members with more experience than I have could advise on what possibilities exist for improving operational pressure at the point just before the kitchen mixer is fitted. I just wanted to know about some of the possibilities (regardless of their cost).

Happily, the idea of the pump-assisted accumulation/expansion/pressure vessel is one that I had not properly conceived before now. (It's also the idea on which I sought particularly to receive advice.) I've been looking at the dimensions of some vessels at it seems that, provided I were to go for a horizontal tank, it would fit inside the double cupboard underneath the sink.

In addition, the Grundfos Home Booster setup is somehow appealing, and represents a possibility I had no idea about previously.

So, thank you very much to everyone! As ever, you've been a huge help. :p

Cam

Sponsored Links
One advantage of an accumulator which is often overlooked is that it can be placed quite a distance away in a garage or outbuilding or loft.

Even so an upgraded mains supply would often be the best option in a house.

Upper floor flats are another matter. Last week I had great difficulty in getting a combi to work adequately with a supply which gave just 4-5 litres per minute. The owner was an architect whose partner had designed the flat! ( Pity he had not included an upgrade to the water supply in the works. )

Tony

Question. Do your neighbours have the same problem and how did they solve it? Have any neighbours installed blue polypipe for their supply.
Seems silly to me to even consider expansion devices for boosting supply before upgrading.
United Utilities in our area have local supplies more than excellent. Only people with old corroded/leaking supplies seem to have problems!
A booster pump is great but if the flow is very poor, it will be like sucking hard through a straw??

Jesus! and on that bombshell!! get in touch with your supplier tell em to pump up the volume! your supply is restricted to how many homes are being fed from the main water supply, your supply is being restricted, it all depends on what your water authority thinks that you need. They are usually wrong. Contact them to check the delivery to your home, it may be inadequate. A-Thank you....

Sponsored Links
advise on what possibilities exist for improving operational pressure at the point just before the kitchen mixer is fitted. I just wanted to know about some of the possibilities
SO it's an academic exercise?

If you want a soultion to you water supply needs, rather than your cerebral ones, get a plumber who understands pressure and flow and can analyse the whole situation and make suggestions to rectify the problem.

Don't prejudge. You could fill your sink in less than a second with very low pressure.

Oh and don't listen much to nutters like bambi, above.

ChrisR";p="979082 said:
Don't prejudge. You could fill your sink in less than a second with very low pressure.

Oh and don't listen much to nutters like bambi, above.

All well & good then, & the answer is????????? we`re waiting God/ ChrisR?

All homes are fed from a main reservoir unless you didn`t know, & delivery is controlled via main pipes to main streets then to homes, you are obviously uneducated in such matters so I will leave it there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back