how do I fill pressurised boiler system?

S

snadge

Before, I was taking the radiator off the wall and there was some movement on the pipe where the lock-shield valve is causing a small leak.

I am now repairing the leak, once I put the radiator back on how do I fill the system up again?

Is it just a a case of turning the fill loop on until the system is full and the pressure is back up to 1 or do I have to get a plumber out?

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: i know...haha :oops:

Thanks Kev ...
- movement was only slight, and it treacled out underneath - ive got the valve off and the ring/sealer is compressed into the pipe and pipe is bent (not by me) so cant put new one on (i have 4 compression stop ends) - what would you recommend with the pipe? - even if just a temp fix for tonight?

If i get it sealed and capped can i fill the system without the radiator on for heating tonight? - then, perhaps tomoz while I have the floor up i could splice a new pipe in there for proper new seal on the valve......

thanks again m8y - much appreciated

Sponsored Links
cut the pipe back fit a comp stop end

then all you have to do is use a comp straight when you reconnect

if its under the floor all the better ;)

thats what I was JUST thinking - cut top off to fit new stop end for tonight...

what its 'comp straight'..? - is that just using the nut and sealer ring from one of my 'compression stop ends' to seal the valve on new piece of pipe I fit onto it? (as you can tell i dont know the proper names for the bits hehe)

yeah the new piece will be under the floor - spliced into old pipe , so new piece is sticking out the floor - then i will use a nut and sealer from one of my stop end packs and screw em into the valve so it has new fresh seal - jobs a good'en... hehe

hey thanks for all your help Kev , we would be lost without you :)

edit: oh, and can i fill the system tonight for heating and empty it again tomoz?

comp= compression

yes you can fill up and bleed tonight drain off tomorrow

then post again :LOL: :LOL: ;)

:LOL: haha

i knew comp was compression, i just didnt know what you meant by 'straight'

im a bit lost with the 'bleed' bit .. will there be air in the other rads when i fill up so i have to bleed the air out? or is it something else?

thanks

Got it all done, bled air out of all radiators,

I know what you mean now by comp straight, its just a join for two pipes, at least I know what I am looking for now......

Thanks again for all your help :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back