How do I find who is company director?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought if you went to Companies House website that you could find out who is the director of a company, if it is that way then I can't find a link anywhere!

Anyone else know how to find out who a director of a company is?

Sponsored Links
You can also do a search at the public library, can't remember what/if it costs.

I once got directors name and address for a co that owed me money and was a slow payer, I wrote to the chairman at home, got quite a satisfactory response.

A search won't give you the director's addresses unless the company is registered at one of their homes.

Sponsored Links
hermes said:
A search won't give you the director's addresses unless the company is registered at one of their homes.

That would be the company's registered office which is sometimes as you say one of the directors home addresses (wouldn't be for one of my clients!)

The directors have to give their personal addresses and date of birth and occupation - all of which is public information and needs to be maintained by law (not that it always is of course)

www.checkmyfile.com/
they used to have a free check on company house data
input name of firm will give up loads of info ... what colour knickers/pants there are wearing ,lol ;)

PE said:
hermes said:

That would be the company's registered office which is sometimes as you say one of the directors home addresses (wouldn't be for one of my clients!)

The directors have to give their personal addresses and date of birth and occupation - all of which is public information and needs to be maintained by law (not that it always is of course)
You'll have to pay for the privilage: search for the company you need; then click on 'order information on htis company': order the 'Last Return' (£1.00 if I'm correct) which contains names and home-address of director(s) and secreatry, plus address of registered office.

Brightness said:
Anyone else know how to find out who a director of a company is?

This may sound like stating the obvious, but have to tried to phone the company and ask them for some info about their director? :LOL:

Thanks for all the help :D Won't be paying for the info and can't exactly phone them for personal reasons. I'll pass the web address onto my mate who needs it though :D

Brightness, name the company and Ill ring them for you. :LOL:

Thanks Toffs but it's OK. It's my mate who wants it so she can sort it - I know the guy who owns/used to own it and he's a right one :rolleyes: She'll never listen before she deals with dodgy people :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back