how do I finish off the fitting of plasterboard under stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, as can be seen in the pic below, I have removed a large section of the pasterboard under our staircase in the downstairs cupboard to mend a creaking staircase. It's now time to make it good again and I am wondering what to do after I nail sections of platerboard to the battens.

I will need to fill the gap between the edges of the pasterboard and the walls and I would also like to achieve a stippled finish on the pasterboard surface that matches the rest of the boards in the cupboard. What materials do I use for this? I was browsing the aisles of my DIY merchant the other day and there seems to be many types of gypsum, some of which needs mixing with water (one-coat plaster, finishing paster etc) and some of which seems to come ready-mixed in a bucket (Artex Smooth-It for example).

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back