New to plastering, first job under stairs. Advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Just about to do my first plastering job in the under stairs cupboard, just after a bit of advice.

Took a loose bit of plaster off and ended up removing half the wall but the too half seems solid. There were some big holes which I have filled with building sand and cement.

I'm now left with about 10mm to build up before skimming it.
Can I use multi finish to bring it up flush and skim over it? And what do I need to do in terms of pva? [/b]

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you would be best taking off all the remaining plaster including your patches, and starting fresh with a bare brick wall.

Use your two coats of PVA at 50% PVA to 50% water. Allow the first coat to dry, and then do a second coat, and when its tacky start to render or plaster.

Render up in 3:1 S&C. first a tight scratch and then a 15mm float.

Rub up, circular motions with a wood or plastic trowel or a block of wood - Dont Scratch - and leave for 24 hrs before skimming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back