How do I fit one of these (waste with no thread)

Sponsored Links
why did you buy it then ?
ThinkingSmiley20080529130222.jpg

It is probably designed to go onto a chrome bottle trap, looks like the seller has sold you half of it. ;)

Sponsored Links
There are various ways I imagine it could be done but it would involve using one of those multi size push fit waste fittings or a fernco style adaptor with jubilee clips.

What is the diameter of the oulet tube??

Right if your not bothered about having a trap on show, you need a 1 1/4 extendable bottle trap. You bin the part of the trap that connects to the sink and push the chrome in to it and tighten the nut up on the trap.

If you do not want to see the trap, my advice is bin what you have bought and buy a full kit. You generally need to use a 1 1/4 mcalpine elbow recessed into the wall and tighten the chrome waste into that.

HPH Gareth

What do you expect!!! If you buy garbage from the net with no specifications and you don't know what your doing in the first place..

Take it to a decent plumbers merchant, get laughed at!!! and buy a proper solution!!! : :

What do you expect!!! If you buy garbage from the net with no specifications
The MIL bought it, I just fit what she buys.

and you don't know what your doing in the first place..
Can you expand on that comment please? Which part of my post has led you to suggest that?

Take it to a decent plumbers merchant, get laughed at!!!
They didn't have an adjustable waste to try.

and buy a proper solution!!! : :
I bought a pop-up waste in the end, again from eBay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back