how do i flush a combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can i flush a combi by simply opening the prv valve and then open the feed loop valve and let the water blast thru the system ( i"m a lazy whatsit) ??

Sponsored Links
You can but it will achieve absolutely zilch :!: Why do you feel the need to flush it :?: Which boiler(make&model) :?:

The boiler is an alpha cb24x. Reason to flush the system. The water is black plus losing pressure possibly due to muck on prv seat?? No hot water except when heating on.

MMM. don't think your only problem is the muck and on another point do you really want all the rubish from the system in the boiler, only way to do this is a powerflush, chemical fill and drain or mains flush and get someone to look at your diverter valve would guess as you get HW with heating you need new diaphram.

Sponsored Links
with the system this far gone, you need a reliable RGI to sort it out.
chances are that what you are aware of is only tip of iceberg.
sounds like your diverter needs cleaning/replacing, that means your plate exchanger is probably also clogged up as are pipes and radiators.
powerflush would be a good start as this may solve 3 problems in one go, if you are lucky.

I must be more careful when reading threads

Taken me all day to realise there was no such thing as a W/c made by combi. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back