How do i get same level inside and out? (Level access)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My back garden is on 2 separate levels, the closest level is lower and paved, then about 3 meters in front it has a retaining wall which is about 50cm high and then it is basically grass.

We have recently had an extension built and this has basically pushed out the new bi-fold opening to exactly where the higher ground used to be, so essentially as you come outside from the bi-fold the ground level is higher (we have just dug around the bi-fold in order to give it clearance to open out fully).

as you can see in these pics the ground level outside is around 7cm higher than the internal floor level and we have just for now dug around the bi-fold so that it can open up fully.

The DPC is also located exactly where the bi-fold cill sits, and currently it has just been dug around that area to make it 2 courses below DPC and filled with a soakaway.

What we ideally want is for the internal floor level to be the same as when you step out of the bi-fold but as you can see, for it to be 2 courses below DPC there would be a step down, is it as simple as getting an ACO drain across the entire from of the bifold and wherever the bricks meet soil? and then i will basically be looking to pave the rest at pretty much the same level as the internal floor level.

Sponsored Links
I raised our patio by building a low wall 200mm out from the house (out of building blocks) to create a dry moat/French drain. I then laid slabs across the top, which closed the gap a little, and come all the way to the house at door thresholds. Some folk fill the gap with pebbles/stones but I leave it empty. Important to ensure the patio falls/slopes away from the house though.
JqeHHJi.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back