how do i get this Wallpaper/paint glass effect?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any ideas lads? will it be some kind of gloss paint then a varnish/lacquer on top?

mv22xf.jpg

2chbc03.jpg

Sponsored Links
Only a guess , but - could be that the wall is initially emulsioned in matt .. then, masked off and given 2 or 3 coats of gloss varnish, be it water based or oil.
Never seen it before but it looks good.

Sponsored Links
It looks to me like they've just wallpapered the wall using alternate rolls of paper. One length of a matt finish wallpaper followed by a length of a gloss finish wallpaper, and so on.

Only a guess , but - could be that the wall is initially emulsioned in matt .. then, masked off and given 2 or 3 coats of gloss varnish, be it water based or oil.
Never seen it before but it looks good.

My first thoughts too..

Or matt on the walls and then silk stripes.

I anyone reading this can rag on you can get a nice effect by using soft sheen as a base coat then ragging with matt over the top...I normally go for a pale base, white and then a top colour thats not too much darker than the base

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back