How do i guarantee my work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i know there was a discussion on guarentees, but how do you guys guarentee your work on paper or verbally? If on paper where would i find a template?

Sponsored Links
Hello i know there was a discussion on guarentees, but how do you guys guarentee your work on paper or verbally? If on paper where would i find a template?

I don't give a verbal or written guarantee.

If the customer contacts me I just go back and correct the problem ASAP.

If the customer asks if the work is guaranteed I just say yes, and mean it.

The only jobs I have ever had to return to were plumbing, which were very minor problems.

be carful what you guarantee some materials have a year or two on them after that you got to buy it again. if its just the labour you want to guarantee write it on the bottom of your invoice. the common time is 1 year

Sponsored Links
some companies ask for a warranty...

that is different.,.

could be two or three or even more years.. but if they ask for that its not joe boy jobs..

Hello,sorry for the delay,
Mostly joinery works, but going down the line of general building works and yes i know if doing extensions etc clients may want insurance backed guarantee's but for the smaller works is it common practice for verbal or as chippy said write it on the bottom of the invoice?
Thanks

being a tiler i guarantee my workmanship and also any MATERIALS I choose for 12 months , NOT what the CUSTOMER decides to buy, i explain that i will not/ cannot guarantee the adhesives,primers etc that they supply UNLESS they are from a reputable company like BAL,MAPEI etc
my guarantees are in written form and counter signed by the customer before work commences, that way we are both happy

You should all check the terms of the sale of goods/services acts.

If you sell something without limiting your liability for faults (see below) it is meant to be "fit for purpose" and if it is not you have to fix it or replace it - there is no time limit on the fix or repair obligation.

A guarantee is known as a "limitation clause" - it actually limits the supplier's responsiblity for defets in the work to what the guarantee says (i.e. workmanship faults identified within 12 months of completion).

It is worth giving a written guarantee so you, and your customer, know what you will, or will not, fix.

As this advise is offered free I offer no guarantee on its accuracy or fitness for purpose!

Sponsored Links
Back