How do I increase the flow rate of my water in my house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Water board have been out and got the following results

Water pressure at the mains was 4 bar
Flow rate at the mains was 9 liters

I have a standard bath with a mixer shower attachment and the flow is that bad at times that when you are getting a shower the button on the mixer will drop back down due to low flow rate.

Can anyone help me out.

Sponsored Links
Salamander Home Boost will boost to 12 lpm, the max you can boost mains water to.

Is your bath / shower mixer fed directly from the mains supply (via a combi boiler or unvented cylinder), or is it fed from a cold storage cistern in the loft and a vented hot cylinder?

If the latter, the mains pressure and flow rate are immaterial to the problem.

Sponsored Links
I can not be 100% sure but I feel you are right my bath cold water is fed from a cold storage cistern in the loft and the hot Water is from a vented hot cylinder?

so what could I do to make things better regards the flow/pressure

Is your bath / shower mixer fed directly from the mains supply (via a combi boiler or unvented cylinder), or is it fed from a cold storage cistern in the loft and a vented hot cylinder?

If the latter, the mains pressure and flow rate are immaterial to the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back