How do I lower this drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing fake grass in the rear garden and I want to lower a access garden drain so I can run the grass over the top.

I do not need access to this drain as I can't rod from it but I will be screwing the grass down so I can lift it up if I need access.

Is this a easy job and how

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 171
Sponsored Links
The chamber is formed from a number of black plastic rings/cylinders which simply push fit on top of one another. you could remove a ring and refit your cover.

These are the rings http://cdn.toolstation.com/images/141020-UK/388/75341.jpg

Depending on the size of your rings you may not to remove one and cut it down to get the perfect height. they are soft plastic and cut easily with a handsaw. Then simply refit your cover by pushing it back in.

Brillant is there a way to do it or do I just pull. I will only need to take one off?

I don't want to pull the whole thing off lol.

Thank you.

Dig round and find the join - go a little deeper then pull ! Don't be tempted to just tie rope on and pull with a mini digger because the rings will lift and the soil will fall in the hole;) I could tell you how hard to pull when standing in your excavation - but it's Very un PC and not allowed nowadays - it might make the old un's here chuckle tho':notworthy:

Sponsored Links
Perfect thank you in the picture you sent me is that one ring?

If so I take it I dig that deep all the way round then pull.

Kind Regarfs

That's right- and if it won't budge bearing in mind you're cutting the top off, drill 2 holes with a holesaw, rope it and you should get a good leverage with a length of 4x2 across the hole and lifted- even a car jack under the end - nothing can resist levers. That and 3-4-5 ( pythagorus?) is about the only maths I took in @ school, but it's been very useful.

If it's comes off in one piece I don't need to cut it do I am I being stupid ?

Thanks for the hep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back