HOW DO I MAKE A CONCRETE SLOPE ??????? PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story but would like to make a concrete slope on floor, a sort of ramp, which would be approx 30 inches x 15 inches, what would be the best way to achieve this? How can I get the concrete to slope downwards or would it be mixed thickly so as not to run?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
mix it stiff then float it by drawing from the bottom to the top of slope

Make some tapered side panels, fill with concrete and screed the concrete with a piece of timber across the top of the side panels.

Nicetoseeyoutoseeyounice said:
Long story but would like to make a concrete slope on floor, a sort of ramp,
Can you explain a little more what you are trying to do? When you say floor, wooden floor?

Sponsored Links
First thanks for all the replys. The ramp would about 2" at lowest end, and about 10" high. To be honest its only to get my mower into the shed easier as its a bit of a stuggle at the mo as the shed is slightly raised to the grass area. (maybe this should have been sent to your garden forum???) I know there maybe other ways and means but I just thought this would look neater.

You would make a better job by laying a paving slab on top of the concrete you use.

Incidentally you can buy the concrete ready mixed from somewhere like b and q or wickes so you just have to buy one bag

You are right a paving slab or even two would be better, sometimes the most obvious things dont jump out at you. Has anyone ever used this ready mixed concrete, I mean do you just mix with water as you do ready mixed sand and cement. I'v seen it advertised in tubs (the concrete mix that is) so you do you literally use it straight from tub as you do tile cement or do you mix with water, and, is it any good?

The stuff i was referring to would come in a plastic bag weighing about 25kg.

I would add enough water to make it resemble melted ice cream then shovel it on to your ramp-site, piling it up at the high end. It needs to be a bit higher than you want it because you need to tap the slab down on to it, ideally using a large rubber hammer but a hefty bit of wood will do just as well. Don't use anything metal like a hammer head as you might crack the slab.
p.s. it will only need a gentle tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back